What Is an In-Clinic Antigen Test?
Firstly, it is highly recommended that you get tested for Covid-19 regularly, if you have been exposed to the virus, are extremely clinically vulnerable, or have family members who are extremely clinically vulnerable, as they are at greater risk of becoming very unwell from the virus.
So, what is an in-clinic antigen test?
An in-clinic antigen test is a type of Covid test conducted in a clinical setting. The antigen test generates the result rapidly, so it is different to a PCR test, where the result takes up to 24 hours to arrive.
To find out more about antigen tests, read our blog article on ‘what is a fit to fly antigen test’ here.
To find out more about PCR tests, read our blog article on ‘what is a fit to fly PCR test’ here.
You may have to take a Covid test after showing symptoms of the virus, coming into contact with a Covid-positive individual, or before travelling to another country.
At Official Rapid Tests, we accurately test for Covid-19 at our clinics, which we have over 120 of across the nation. Find your nearest test centre by clicking here.
With 50 locations to choose from and appointments readily available, we have got you covered for when you need to test for Covid-19. Visit our website to find our more information.We work with qualified front line doctors and tech experts to come up with the most convenient testing solutions for travel. We blend technology and medical expertise to offer the fastest and most convenient rapid antigen testing service on the market!
How is an in-clinic antigen test carried out?
To book an in-clinic antigen test with Official Rapid Tests, follow the instructions below:
- Find your nearest test centre on our webpage here.
- Book your appointment online with one of our friendly healthcare professionals.
- Attend your appointment: this will usually take 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
- You will be tested for Covid-19 by one of our healthcare professionals, who will swab your nose.
- Your results will be emailed to you securely. If you are travelling abroad and you test negative for Covid-19, your Certification for Travel (verified and signed by our doctor for travel globally) will also be emailed to you.
When will I receive my results after taking an in-clinic antigen test?
Our in-clinic antigen test results are issued 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You will receive your results within 2 hours.
What are the benefits of an in-clinic antigen test?
Quick and efficient
As you will receive your result within 2 hours of taking the antigen test at our clinic.
Avoid the hassle of waiting times
Coming to one of our clinics for an antigen test will save you the stress of waiting for a self-test to be delivered. Our clinic appointments only take 10 to 15 minutes, so the waiting times are short.
Reduced risk of inaccurate results
Our team of healthcare professionals are trained to test accurately for Covid, so you won’t need to worry that you have taken the test wrong and gotten the wrong results.
Hugely useful for travelling overseas
Can I take an antigen test myself?
Yes. At Official Rapid Tests, we sell a Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test and Certificate for Travel, which is accepted by countries such as Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Greece.
You can take our fit to-fly rapid antigen test yourself by using these 4 simple steps:
- Order as many tests as you require
- Tests arrive to a UK address via Royal Mail Next-Day Delivery (as long as you order before 4pm on weekdays), with FREE shipping included.
- Use a smartphone or computer to upload a photo of your test and passport to our portal for results within 15 minutes.
- Your results and Certification are emailed to you securely. The Certificate is signed and verified by our doctors within 15 minutes.
Are antigen tests QR coded?
Yes, our antigen tests can have a QR code for reference when traveling abroad.
How do I register my antigen self-test?
Firstly, order a rapid antigen test from us.
Your verification will be done by FasterChecks, an independent verification service that verifies tests on behalf of test providers.
Visit our webpage here to find out how to register your rapid antigen test. You will need to upload a photo of your results to the portal.
I am travelling to another country. Do I need a PCR test or antigen test?
The rules for travel are complex and constantly changing and updating, so we do not want to give you the incorrect advice.
Always look at the latest government advice of the country you are travelling to.
If you are not sure which Covid test you need, take our Quiz on our webpage here, and this will tell you which type of Covid test is suitable.
Can my child take an antigen test?
Yes, our tests can be used on children of all ages with parental consent. However, legally, we do not sell our Covid test kits to children under the age of 18 without parental consent.
Check the UK Government website to find out the latest Covid requirements for travelling abroad with children.
If you want to use a rapid antigen test on your child, follow our helpful tips below:
- Always read the instructions on the manual beforehand.
- Wash your hands.
- Make sure your child does not touch or play with any of the test kit materials.
- Stay calm and be gently assertive.
- Reassure the child if they feel uncomfortable or distressed. Give them a teddy bear to hold, play some relaxing music they like, or sing a song to them.
- Try to slow the child’s breathing by counting to 10.
- Don’t rush the process. Pause if the child needs to sneeze or starts crying.
- Get the child or person to open their mouth wide and say ‘ahhh’.
- Don’t use harsh movements when swabbing inside the child’s nostrils and mouth harshly. Be very gentle and careful.
- Put the child at ease and speak to them in soothing tones if they need comforting.
- Dispose of the test materials as soon as you have finished using them.
- Wash your hands afterwards.
Can I order multiple rapid antigen tests under one name?
Yes, you can order multiple tests. However, you must note that the tests will have to be registered individually.
Ordering rapid antigen tests from us is sure to save you the hassle if you are going on holiday with a large group.
We are a suited testing provider for group travellers and families who are wanting to purchase more than one pre-departure rapid test.
I am an employer and I want to buy Covid tests for my employees to test themselves regularly. Can I bulk buy Covid tests?
Certainly. At Official Rapid Tests, we are a trusted global supplier for Covid testing. We have supplied over 1 million test kits to individuals and blue-chip companies.
Some of our clients include Aston Martin, the USA Embassy, Universal Music Group, and the University of Oxford, to name a few.
We sell wholesale lateral flow antigen tests which generate results in just 15 minutes. With 99% accuracy, these self-tests are UK Government approved and are used and trusted by companies around the world, including all UK airports and the NHS.
We are rated by Forbes.com as one of the best testing companies in the UK.
Do you have a large event coming up at your workplace, and you want to organise mass testing for employees and attendees?
That is not a problem for us. We are the UK's leading business and workplace testing solution.
We offer bespoke and scalable workplace testing solutions to make sure your work force is not impacted by a Covid-19 outbreak.
We can provide testing kits and staff for on-site testing and at home testing including both RT-PCR and Rapid Antigen tests.
Whether it is an office, film set, or sporting event, we have got you covered with an effective Covid testing solution to suit your business needs.
To find out more, visit our webpage here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with your enquiry.
Now you know the answer to the question ‘what is an in-clinic antigen test’, book a Covid test at your nearest test centre by clicking here.
We have over 120 clinics nationwide where you can get a Covid test. We are open 24/7, seven days a week.
Find out more about Official Rapid Tests by browsing our website here.
We sell a rapid antigen test and PCR test which you can take to test for Covid-19 or use as proof that you are fit to travel abroad.
Read more articles on travelling and Covid tests on our blog here.