What Is a Telehealth COVID Test?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the world shut down and millions of workers across the globe transitioned to remote working. Regular testing for the coronavirus became a normal part of life, whether that was taking a PCR test in a test centre, or taking a lateral flow test from the comfort of your own home.
But did you know that you can conduct a COVID test remotely, under the guidance of a medical expert?
So, what is a Telehealth COVID test?
A Telehealth COVID test is a video supervised lateral flow antigen test.
At Official Rapid Tests, we are the UK’s fasted video supervised lateral flow antigen test. We are a Government listed testing provider and we supply COVID testing for individuals and companies all over the globe. Some of our clients include The Bank of New York, Aston Martin and the University of Oxford, to name a few.
We offer a telehealth COVID test to make it easier for you when you are testing yourself for COVID-19.
During the video consultation, a medical professional will talk you through how to take a lateral flow antigen test. Our instructions are simple and easy to follow, which will give you peace of mind that you are taking the COVID test accurately, without errors.
We guarantee that you will receive your test results within 15 minutes of your video, or your money back.
We are open 24/7, 7 days a week for results.
If you test negative for COVID, you will receive a doctor’s signed Certificate for Travel to the UK, EU, and all major travel destinations.
Our Telehealth COVID test is accepted by countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia, and many more. After taking this test, we can issue you with a Global Fit to Fly Certificate, which you can use as proof of negative COVID status before you travel overseas.
We have completed over 150,000 pre-departure tests, helping people travel to over 78 countries across the world.
How do I take a Telehealth COVID Test?
Our Telehealth COVID test is a fast and easy service. Follow these 4 simple steps:
- Order as many tests as you require online.
- The test arrives to a UK address via Royal Mail Next-Day Delivery (as long as you order before 4pm on weekdays). Free shipping is included.
- Use a smartphone or computer to take a video supervised test at any time. Tests can be taken 24/7.
- Within 15 minutes, your test results are emailed to you securely. If you test negative for COVID-19, you will also be emailed a signed Certificate which has been verified by our doctors.
If you purchase a Telehealth Video COVID Test for the USA, click here to register your test kit.
What are the benefits of a Telehealth COVID Test?
- Ideal for patients who are extremely clinically vulnerable or shielding, who cannot attend a clinic appointment or travel test centre in person.
- Ideal for office workers or employees who work on-site, who do not have the time to attend a clinic appointment.
- Excellent for people for whom English is not their first language, so they can follow along the video tutorial.
- Reduces pressure on medical professionals, who can carry out more Telehealth COVID tests video consultations, than actual COVID testing appointments.
- Saves you time and stress if you are about to travel abroad and you cannot easily access an in-clinic COVID test.
- If you test positive for the virus after taking a Telehealth COVID test, you can continue to stay in the quarantined room where you took the test and therefore keep others safe.
Can children take Telehealth COVID Tests?
Yes, our Telehealth COVID test is suitable for children. But please remember that an adult should supervise the child at all times.
Legally, we do not sell our kits to children under the age of 18 without parental consent.
To test your child for COVID, follow our handy tips below:
- Always follow the instructions.
- Wash your hands before and after conducting the COVID test.
- Make sure your child does not touch the test kit materials.
- Stay calm and be gently assertive.
- Reassure the child if they feel uncomfortable or distressed. Give them a teddy bear to hold, play some relaxing music they like, or sing a song to them.
- Try to slow the child’s breathing by counting to 10.
- Don’t rush the process. Pause if the child needs to sneeze or starts crying.
- Get the child to open their mouth wide and say ‘ahhh’.
- Don’t use harsh movements when swabbing inside the child’s nostrils and mouth. Be very gentle and careful.
- Put the child at ease and speak to them in soothing tones if they need comforting.
- Dispose of the test materials as soon as you have finished using them.
Can I buy multiple Telehealth COVID Tests?
Yes, multi-buy is available as an option. We are a suited testing provider for group travellers and families who are wanting to purchase more than one pre-departure rapid test.
Order multiple Telehealth COVID tests in one order to save time and guarantee your travel plans.
How long can you not eat or drink before a COVID-19 test?
Do not eat or drink for at least 30 minutes before doing a COVID test, to reduce the risk of tainting the swab and therefore spoiling the test.
If you eat or drink before taking a COVID test, the test may not produce a result.
Why is it important to test yourself for COVID-19?
Testing for COVID-19 saves lives, as it helps prevent the spread of the virus. Finding out that you are COVID-positive as early as possible enables individuals to isolate themselves, thus allowing them the chance to seek treatment earlier and reduce the chances that they will infect others.
Even if you have received a negative COVID result, it is wise to re-test yourself. You could still become infected with the virus and test positive later.
Testing for COVID-19 also helps protect people with long-term health conditions. Clinically extremely vulnerable people are at higher risk of becoming severely ill if they catch COVID, even if they are vaccinated.
It is especially important for healthcare workers and key workers to test themselves regularly for COVID-19, to protect themselves, their patients, and their loved ones.
Many countries still require proof of a negative COVID-19 test before you travel there. Therefore, it is essential that you test yourself for COVID-19 before you travel abroad.
How do I store my COVID-19 test kits?
- Store test kits in a cool, dry place, or at room temperature (2°C to 30°C).
- Do not leave test kits in direct sunlight.
- Do not store test kits in a fridge or freezer.
- The test kit should be used at room temperature (15°C to 30°C). If the kit has been
- stored in a cool area (less than 15°C), leave it at normal room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
- Do not allow children to play with the test kit.
Can you still catch COVID-19 even if you are vaccinated?
Yes, it is possible to catch COVID-19 even if you are vaccinated.
When people who have been vaccinated catch COVID-19, they are much less likely to experience severe symptoms than people who are unvaccinated.
How do I know if I have COVID-19 or the flu?
COVID-19 and the flu are both highly contagious respiratory viruses, but these viruses are different. They have similar symptoms, such as:
- Muscle pain and body aches
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea or vomiting
However, the flu and COVID-19 are different
- COVID can cause a loss of taste or smell, which is not usually seen with the flu.
- COVID can cause shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, which is not usually seen with the flu.
- The flu can cause a mild, dry cough, which does not always occur if you have COVID.
To avoid catching both COVID-19 or the flu
- Stay away from anyone who is ill or displaying flu or COVID—19 symptoms.
- Wash and sanitize your hands often.
- Frequently disinfect surfaces such as tables, desks, door knobs, windows and your electronic devices.
- If you have a family member who is displaying symptoms, quarantine them in one room until they feel better.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow and dispose of used tissues immediately.
- Keep a distance between yourself and others in public spaces.
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 and the flu.
Now you know the answer to the question ‘what is a telehealth COVID test’, book a test at your nearest test centre by clicking here.
We have over 120 clinics nationwide where you can get a Covid test. We are open 24/7, seven days a week.
Find out more about Official Rapid Tests by browsing our website here.
Read more articles on travelling and Covid tests on our blog here.
To contact us, submit a request here.