What Is a Fit to Fly PCR Test?
Are you travelling to another country soon? Well, you may need to present proof of a negative Covid-19 test before you catch your flight and enter the country.
We have got you covered.We are a trusted global supplier for Covid testing. All Official Rapid Tests are verified by the EU and the UK Government. We work with qualified front line doctors and tech experts to come up with the most convenient testing solutions for travel. We blend technology and medical expertise to offer the fastest and most convenient PCR testing service on the market!
If you are not sure which Covid test you need, take our Quiz on our webpage here, and this will tell you which type of Covid test is suitable.
What is a Fit to Fly PCR Test
A Fit to Fly PCR test is a Covid-19 test, which tells you whether or not you are infected with the coronavirus. You can take this test before you travel to another country if you require proof of a negative Covid test before your departure.
At Official Rapid Tests, we sell a Covid-19 Outbound PCR Fit to Fly Test. The PCR test is accepted by all major travel destinations to Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Oceania. We are proud to have helped over 150,000 travellers to over 78 different countries!
Our Fit to Fly PCR test kit tells you whether you are positive or negative for Covid within 24 hours; but if you have tested negative, you will also receive a QR coded Travel Certificate.
This Travel Certificate verifies that you are fit to travel to another, because you have tested negative for Covid-19. Each Certificate is signed off by our doctors, so you can fly to your destination with valid confirmation to prove that you are not Covid-positive.
If you thought that was too good to be true, we also offer FREE postage and return label when you send off your sample to the lab to get your results. Both are tracked to give you peace of mind that your tests will arrive on time!
Are you flying at night time and you need to order a Fit to Fly PCR test? That is no problem- we are open 24/7, seven days a week. So, you can order a Covid test and get your results and certification to travel, in just five simple steps.
How does a Fit to Fly PCR test work?
- Order the test online on our website.
- The test kit package gets delivered to your UK address via Royal Mail Next-Day Delivery (provided you order before 4pm on weekdays). This includes free shipping.
- Take the test from the comfort of your home. You will swab your mouth and nose. Follow the instructions provided to swab your mouth and nose and to seal the sample.
- Send the swab back to our lab using the free tracked return label that we provide for you in your test kit package.
- Your results and Certification to travel are emailed to you securely. (The Certificate has been signed and verified by our doctors within 24 Hours.)
What is a Fit to Fly Antigen Test?
A Fit to Fly Antigen Test is a type of self-test Covid test. It generates the result rapidly, usually under 30 minutes. This rapid turnaround makes it ideal for testing for Covid before travelling abroad.
At Official Rapid Tests, we sell a Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test and Certificate for Travel, which is accepted by countries such as Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Greece. We
We guarantee your results within 15 minutes of taking the Rapid Antigen Test, or your money back.
Upon receiving a negative result for your antigen test, you will also receive your doctor-signed Certificate for Travel to the EU, UK, and all major travel destinations.
This test can be used for pre-departure testing. It is your responsibility to check and make sure you comply with the government requirements.
Ordering rapid antigen tests from us is sure to save you the hassle if you are going on holiday with a large group. We are a suited testing provider for group travellers and families who are wanting to purchase more than one pre-departure rapid test.
Order multiple tests in one order to save time and guarantee your travel plans.
Take our fit-to-fly rapid antigen test by using these 4 simple steps:
- Order as many tests as you require
- Tests arrive to a UK address via Royal Mail Next-Day Delivery (as long as you order before 4pm on weekdays), with FREE shipping included.
- Use a smartphone or computer to upload a photo of your test and passport to our portal for results within 15 minutes.
- Your results and Certification are emailed to you securely. The Certificate is signed and verified by our doctors within 15 minutes.
How is a Fit to Fly Antigen Test different to a PCR test?
Our PCR test provides you the result within 24 hours. Whereas, our rapid antigen test provides you the result within 15 minutes.
Are instructions provided with fit-to-fly Covid test kits?
Yes, we send you an email with detailed instructions on how to take the Covid test and how to send it back to us for analysis. The process is very easy to follow and can be used by people of all ages. We have designed the process for ease of use.
We generally send out result certificates within 15 minutes. If you haven't received your certificate within a few hours of uploading results, please check your "spam" or "junk" mailbox before contacting us.
Do not eat or drink for at least 30 minutes before taking a Covid-19 test. This will reduce the risk of spoiling the test.
How does a Covid-19 self test work?
To take a PCR test:
- Wash your hands and blow your nose.
- Lay all the test materials in a clean, dry surface.
- Open your mouth and rub the swab over both your tonsils at the back of your throat. Do this 4 times on each side.
- Put the same swab inside your nose (about 2.5cm up or until you feel some resistance) and wipe the inside of your nose.
- Put the swab facing down into the tube and screw the lid tight.
- Put the tube in the bag provided.
Not all rapid antigen tests are the same. E.g. some test kits come with the tube and liquid in separate parts. So, always read the instructions on the box or leaflet before you do the test.
Start by washing your hands and grabbing a watch or timer.
In the test kit, there should be a:
- White strip which shows you the test result
- A long stick with 1 soft end (swab)
- A tube with liquid inside
- A lid for the tube
- Take the long stick (swab) out of the packet. Do not touch the soft part at the end of the stick.
- Put the soft part of the stick up your nose.
- Put if all the way up until you feel it touch the back of your nose.
- Keep moving the stick around in your nose.
- Count to 15 slowly.
- When the stick is in your nose, you can press on the side of your nose.
- Use the soft end of the same stick for the other side of your nose.
- When you are done, put the stick into the tube.
- Stir the stick in the tube 10 times.
- Gently squeeze the sides of the tube together 10 times.
- Take the stick out of the tube.
- Put the cap tightly on the tube.
- Squeeze 3 or 4 drops of liquid onto the tiny circle on your white strip.
- Set your timer or watch to the time that the box says (this could be 10, 15 or 20 minutes).
- When the time is up, check the strip to see what it says. Only read the strip at that time and not later. It might be incorrect then.
How to read the test strip
If you see a line next to the letter C, this means your test is negative, so you do not have Covid-19.
If you see a line next to the letter C, and a line next to the letter T, then this means your test is positive. You do have Covid-19. This line could be very faint.
If you see no lines at all, or only 1 line next to the letter T, then your test is void. You will need to do another test.
When you have finished, put everything in the bin and wash your hands.
Clean the surface where you took the test.
Always re-test yourself if you still display Covid-19 symptoms.
How can I prepare for travelling abroad?
- Check the UK Government website for guidance on travelling abroad.
- Research what Covid requirements the country has, well in advance before your journey.
- Be prepared to follow the rules of airlines, travel providers and venues surrounding Covid vaccines, testing and face masks.
- Take out travel insurance and understand how this covers you for medical emergencies and Covid-related travel disruptions.
- If test positive or or show symptoms of Covid-19, you may be required to self-isolate in accordance with the country’s policy.
Now you know the answer to the question ‘what is a fit to fly PCR test’, buy our Covid-19 Fit to Fly PCR Test for travel here.
Find out more about Official Rapid Tests by browsing our website here.
We have over 120 clinics nationwide where you can get a Covid test. Find your nearest test centre by clicking here.
We are open 24/7, seven days a week.