Vitamin D Blood Test
Vitamin D Blood Test
All orders placed Mon - Fri before 14:00 will be sent that day for next day delivery via the Royal Mail.
Orders placed after 14:00 will be dispatched the following day, for delivery the day after.
All orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be sent out on the next working day. Such as Monday, with the kits arriving on Tuesday.
What comes in the box?
Take a look
How it works?
Order your Vitamin D Test
Take the test at home in minutes
Receive your result fast - no lab waiting times!
Information On Our Instant Tests h3>
The Vitamin D test is an immunoassay based on the principle of competitive binding. During testing, the specimen migrates upward on the membrane chromatographically by capillary action. The membrane is pre-coated with 25 (OH) D antigens on the test line region of the strip - the higher concentration of antigens in the specimen, the lighter would be the T line.
Reading the results
The result will be read according to the colour card provided with the kit. To serve as a procedural control, a coloured line will always appear in the control line region indicating that the proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
How does the home health test process work?
Where do I send my sample?
When will I get my results/how will I receive my results?
Results are usually processed within 2 – 3 working days. If a sample is sent over the weekend (which we do not recommend), you will receive your results within 2 – 3 days from Monday. Once your results and personalised report is ready to view, you will receive a notification via email to log in to the Official Rapid Test online platform.
What do I need to do before my test? i.e. fast, no drinking, etc
2. Open the pouch, remove the test cassette and place it on a clean and level surface. Carefully pull off and dispose of the cap of the lancet.
3. Clean your fingertip with the alcohol pad provided.
4. Press the orange end of the lancet against the fingertip. The tip retracts automatically and safely after use.
5. Keeping the hand pointing downwards, massage the end of your finger to obtain a blood drop.
6. Without squeezing the dropper, place it in contact with the blood. The blood migrates into the dropper up to the line indicated. Avoid air bubbles, you may need to massage your finger again if the blood does not reach the line.
7. Put the collected blood into the sample well of the cassette by squeezing the dropper bulb.
8. Wait for the blood to be totally dispensed in the well. Unscrew the cap of the buffer bottle and add 1 drop of buffer into the sample well of the cassette.
9. Wait for the coloured line to appear. Read results at 10 minutes. Compare the T line intensity with the vitamin D colour card provided to determine the vitamin D level in your blood. Do not interpret the result after 20 minutes.
Vitamin D deficiency risks
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Pregnancy complications
- Autoimmune diseases
- Different cancers
- Infectious diseases
- Higher mortality
How do I know which test to take?
What if my results show that I’m outside the normal range?
Where does my information go, and is the system secure?