Randox V Official Rapid Tests
In the UK alone, as of 2022 there have been more than 500 million COVID tests, highlighting the importance of testing two years post-pandemic.
As the world recovers from the outbreak of COVID-19, measures are still in place to reduce the risk of another outbreak of infections.
At Official Rapid Tests, we make it simple for people to get connected with the testing services that they need. With more than 120 clinics represented on our government-approved database, we can match you up with a test site in just a few clicks.
Some countries still have travel bans
Some countries are still not allowing travelers to enter, regardless of your vaccination status, or what test you take to prove you are not infected.
The reasoning for the ban is the prerogative of that country’s leader, of course, the health and safety of their citizens is the driving factor. It also must be considered that economically the countries may not be able to recover if they have to go into another mass lockdown, so they want to prevent any outbreak on their own soil before inviting anybody from outside..
However as this past year has shown, travel bans can be lifted, the best way to stay aware is to check the government gateway’s advice on foreign travel, in which you can search the current requirements to enter any country.
So what if you end up finding a country you can travel to? What are you options if you need to provide a negative test? Well that is where Official Rapid Tests comes in.
Randox V Official Rapid Tests - Our methods
We at Official Rapid Tests have a variety of methods for you to be able to know whether or not you or your children are infected. Giving you peace of mind in regards to knowing how to move forward. Especially if you are going abroad. Here are our options.
Antigen tests - A simple test that takes 15 minutes to get your results. We offer these test for leaving the UK and for returning to the UK. We also offer a video supervised option for those who need guidance when testing. Order here.
PCR tests - A thorough test in which results take 24 hours to arrive, however your test sample is tested by a professional. Order yours here.
In-clinic antigen & PCR testing - Depending on your location you can attend a clinic to be tested by one of our expert testers. This is a benefit for anybody unsure of how to test, whilst guaranteeing a safe environment with guidance by professionals.
Simply enter your location to find and book a test at your nearest test centre.
Unsure of which option you should choose? Not to worry. We have our own questionnaire to guide you for the right test you need.
Do you need a COVID recovery certificate?
Have you taken your test but need a certificate to prove the results? No problem. Our process makes this quick and easy.
The process of getting your certificate is very easy and accessible.
- Order the certificate online, which only takes 2 minutes.
- There is no appointment necessary, so it is a fast and reliable service.
- Then, upload your evidence by using a smartphone or computer to upload a photo of your test evidence. Results from a PCR or Antigen test are acceptable.
- If we approve your application, you will receive your certificate in 15 minutes.
As we mentioned, you will need to take a test and upload the results in order to be eligible for the certificate. We at Official Rapid Tests also provide test kits, all you need to do is head to our website.
We are open 24/7, seven days a week for orders and results.
We offer the option for you to buy multiple COVID recovery certificates if need be. We are a suited testing provider for group travelers & families who are wanting to purchase more than one certificate.
Buy multiple certificates in one order to save time and guarantee your travel plans.
Testing from home - Antigen & PCR
Antigen testing kits have become a common method in establishing whether or not the testee has covid. This is because antigen testing kits can be done from home, with results made apparent in a much shorter frame of time.
As opposed to PCR test kits that provide results in 24 hours (due to them being tested in labs), antigen kits provide results in 15 minutes. The method of testing follows a simple procedure, different to the PCR method and is as follows, to take a rapid antigen test:
Below, we will briefly highlight the process of taking an antigen test yourself:
(Not all rapid antigen tests are the same. E.g. some test kits come with the tube and liquid in separate parts. So, always read the instructions on the box or leaflet before you do the test.)
Start by washing your hands with soap or clean with sanitizer, then grabbing a watch or timer.
In the test kit, there should be a:
- White strip which shows you the test result
- A long stick with 1 soft end (swab)
- A tube with liquid inside
- A lid for the tube
When taking the test, make sure to:
- Take the long stick (swab) out of the packet. Do not touch the soft part at the end of the stick.
- Put the soft part of the stick up your nose.
- Put it all the way up until you feel it touch the back of your nose.
- Rotate the swab around the inside of your nose.
- Count to 15 slowly.
- When the stick is in your nose, you can press on the side of your nose to ensure the swab has made proper contact.
- Repeat the process in the other nostril with the same swab you used initially.
- When you are done, put the stick into the tube.
- Stir the stick in the tube 10 times.
- Gently squeeze the sides of the tube together 10 times.
- Take the stick out of the tube.
- Put the cap tightly on the tube.
- Squeeze 3 or 4 drops of liquid onto the tiny circle on your white strip.
- Set your timer or watch to the time that the box says (this could be 10, 15 or 20 minutes).
- When the time is up, check the strip to see what it says. Only read the strip at that time and not later. It might be incorrect then.
Do you need an antigen test kit? Our website provides these test kits for you. Want to know some more information about antigen test kits? Our blog contains all the relevant information that you need.
If you decide to take your PCR test at home, after ordering and receiving your test kit follow these guidelines on how to take a PCR test:
- Clean your hands with sanitizer, or wash your hands with soap and blow your nose.
- Clean the surface your test kit will be on, lay all the test materials on the surface once it is dry.
- Open your mouth and rub the swab over both your tonsils (or where they were) at the back of your throat. Do this 4 times on each side.
- insert the same swab inside your nose (about 2.5cm up or until you feel some resistance) and wipe the inside of your nose.
- Put the swab facing down into the tube and screw the lid tight.
- Put the tube in the bag provided.
- When posting the used kit, make sure to only post it in a Royal Mail Priority postbox which are for the sole purpose of receiving and delivering test kits.
Book your rapid test today
Official Rapid Tests is a trusted global supplier for Covid testing. We are the highest-rated UK Government listed provider on Trustindex.
All Official Rapid Tests are verified by the EU and the UK Government. We work with qualified front-line doctors and tech experts to come up with the most convenient testing solutions for travel. We blend technology and medical expertise to offer the fastest and most convenient PCR testing service on the market.
If you are not sure which Covid test you may need, take our Quiz on our webpage here, and this will tell you which type of Covid test is suitable based on your travel requirements. Looking for a recovery certificate? Order yours here.
Within this article, we hope to have provided valuable information for your travelling and testing needs whilst discussing Randox V official rapid tests.
Find out more about Official Rapid Tests by browsing our website here.
We have over 120 clinics nationwide where you can get a Covid test. Find your nearest test centre by clicking here. You can contact our help centre for any queries you may have.
We are open 24/7, seven days a week.